Pages

Pulled BBQ Beef

This blog is intended to represent a portion of my family's history through the food we make and serve to our friends and loved-ones. I try to be careful when I post to include recipes that have been in the family and are part of our culture.

At my daughter's college graduation party we were interested in serving some kind of a hot sandwich. Sloppy Joes were out of the question, because, well to be frank, I don't much care for them. One of Kathy's work mates suggested the following recipe for pulled beef sandwiches.  The recipe is going to make a lot of sliders so it is perfect for a big gaggle of guests.  When it got my mother-in-law's approval, I knew it would be a recipe we would be making for future family gatherings.

When Kathy told me that it had hamburger in it, I was reluctant to believe what she was told-that the hamburger will not be noticed.  It turns out to be true, you don't notice the hamburger.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 6 lb Boneless Chuck Roast
  • 1 ½ lb Ground Beef
  • 5 oz. Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
  • 1 ¾ cup Ketchup
  • 18 oz. (2 cups + 2 Tbsp) Ken Davis Original BBQ Sauce.  (Save the rest for later.)

DIRECTIONS:
  • Preheat oven to 250° F.
  • Place Roast in a roasting pan.
  • Crumble the ground beef over the roast.
  • Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the meat.
  • Cover and bake for 6 hours.
  • Let the meat rest for 15 minutes 
  • Remove the meat from the pan shred the beef using two forks.
  • Pour some of the pan juices over the meat.
  • Serve on fresh buns with a dish of the Ken Davis sauce.

No comments: